Insights is a tool that can be used to see the post and report activity of your wiki's Discussions. It allows Discussions Moderators and Administrators to review the activity of users and moderators. Insights are separated into three sections: Active Users, Reports and Moderator Actions, and data from the past 30 or 90 days can be chosen to be viewed.
Active Users Edit
The Active Users tab shows a list of users sorted by the number of posts and replies they have published in Discussions. This helps you identify your most active Discussions users.
- Users who are very active over a longer period of time should be considered to become a Discussions Moderator, if your wiki requires more moderation.
- The number of posts are a good rough estimation of the user retention of your wiki's Discussions.
The Reports tab shows a list of users sorted by the total number of reports they have made in Discussions. This helps you identify users who are actively helping make your Discussions clear of inappropriate or unwanted content. Next to each user's name are four numbers: the total number of reports, the number of approved reports, the number of deleted reports, and the number waiting for action by a moderator.
- Users who have a large number of approved reports should be considered to become a Discussions Moderator, if your wiki requires more moderation.
- Users who have a large number of deleted reports may need some guidance to the report feature.
Moderator Actions Edit
The Moderator Actions tab shows a list of moderators sorted by the total number of actions they have made in Discussions. This helps you keep a track of how well your team is capable of clearing reports. Deleting, approving, editing, locking and changing a post's category is considered actions taken to a post and will be recorded in this tab.
- This tab helps identify candidates for promotion to admin, and shows if a moderator has been inactive.
- Category management actions by admins are also included in this total.